Easy Smoked Salmon – a simple rub made of brown sugar, salt, and pepper and then smoked at a low temperature of 165 degrees for only an hour!
Yesterday, I went a little crazy smoking food on my smoker. I smoked salmon, a turkey breast, and some potatoes. I smoked the salmon last because the salmon had to be smoked at a lower temperature for only an hour. The rub for this salmon couldn’t be any easier. It’s just brown sugar, salt, and pepper. You let the salmon sit with rub on it in the fridge for up to 8 hours. I only let it sit in my fridge for an hour and a half and by the time I got done smoking my salmon it smelled amazing.
Smoked salmon is great for many things. I like smoked salmon on top of everything bagels with cream cheese. I plan on using this smoked salmon to make a smoked salmon dip with it. Watch for upcoming post later on this week. Smoked salmon is also great just on top of some scrambled eggs.
- 2 salmon fillets
- Â¾ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1Â½ tsp of pepper
- In a bowl combined the brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, lay half of the rub on the bottom and then place the salmon fillets on the top. Place the rest of the rub on the top of the fish and let the salmon sit in the fridge for up to 8 hours. The rub will be almost liquid by the time it is done.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel before placing it on a smoker.
- Smoke on low heat at 165 for only 1 hour.
- You can do this with more than 2 salmon fillets. Just increase the amount of spices used.
If you are curious about smoked salmon and want to watch tutorials on how to do this, youtube has some great videos on how to make smoked salmon.